Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Sunday, July 15, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 07/05/07

Day 12.

Today we had to be up at 5:15 am. And you know that was tons of fun. Then we had a four hour drive to Rome. The second 1/2 hour was a no headphone 1/2 hour and so I talked with Kimberly. She has 10 brothers and sisters. And last year her mom was on meth, but now she is getting help. At least that's what she told me but with teenagers, you never know. Then we had to go up and introduce our seat partner to the bus so I did with basic things like favorite color and such.

We got to Rome an hour early so we walked around the Coliseum and Forum. Then we went to lunch and there was seafood rice, fish & chips and lemon italian ice. I thought it was a yummy lunch but a lot of people don't like fish. After lunch we took a tour of the Coliseum and the part of Rome I was interested in but the walkie talkie guide things were hard to use so I stopped paying attention and just looked around. It was really, really hot. I just wanted to sit. After the tour, we had like an hour and a half of free time. Julie, Tory, Taygan, Isabel, Joy and I just sat in the shade at the meeting place which was up on a hill that overlooked the Coliseum and the Forum. It was cool. We had some good conversations about serious and silly things. Joy and I even talked about Kevin.

Then we went to dinner. It was a decent walk. We had bruschetta with tomatoes. It was really good and then chicken with salad and gelato (mine was vanilla with chunks of something yummy in it). Then we took 1 1/2 hour bus ride to our hotel. The first thing I did was call my grandma to wish her a Happy Birthday but she wasn't home so I left the message with my Papa. Then I went down to the front desk to see if my money cards were there. They weren't so I ran upstairs freaking out to call my mom. I talked to her, it turns out she sent it to the next hotel so I won't get it until Saturday. Oh well. She did say my masks arrived from Venice and that she liked them so that was good. Then she had to get back to work. I am rooming with Katriel and Julie. They are both really nice and I feel bad for Julie, she misses her boyfriend a lot. Katriel is great when you get her away from Torie but when they're together, they're evil. (Don't split them up, I don't think Katy could deal with that right now, she might snap.)

I set the TV alarm for 5:30 am tomorrow but I don't know how to turn it off so it will be interesting to see what happens. I also got told off for not keeping up with my journal (right now, it's 7/7). I have to shadow and I have an earlier curfew. Oh well. I'm gonna try and catch up. Good night!

p.s. I really miss my mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home