Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Sunday, July 15, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 07/03/07

Day 10.

Today was a good breakfast day. There was a good amount and variety. There was Nutella. I took like 20 little packets and put them in my purse. It was fun. I was constantly eating Nutella all day. Then we went to the Florence American Cemetery. It was amazing. I took a couple of videos of me mostly talking. At the time I was mad at Doe for disrespecting the American soldiers. I cried more than once. After we wandered around the cemetery on our own, we met up with a guy whose job it is to help people find their family. He told us a bunch of facts about the cemetery as well as some stories that I liked. I think that would be a cool job to have. I wonder if I could apply just for that job in the army or whatever.

Then we drove into Florence (which is where my character "lived" during the Renaissance Fair in 7th grade) and had lunch just off the government square with all the statues. I sat w/Kimberly and Sierra and talked very little. The food was really good. I think it might have been chicken. Then we went to the Academia and met our tour guide. We waited in the heat for over an hour and then finally got in. David was so much bigger than I thought. And I never really realized before that he was David of the David & Goliath storyline. His pupils are hearts. I was excited to see David and I could actually understand the guide which was cool. After David, she showed us the important sites of the city.

Then we drove to Assisi. It was a really long drive and the hotel was the worst one yet. Of course, because Doe had made me angry earlier, I was rooming with her. Then it was time for dinner. Dinner was good. There were french fries. Doe was nice and kinda interesting to talk to. We talked about a lot of things from boyfriends to schooling. Then I did laundry. That was an adventure. It took forever. I had to wash and rinse my socks, underwear, shirts and pants. And then I had to wring out and hang up everything. But now I have to go to bed. Goodnight!

p.s. There was a swimming pool and everyone had balconies as well.

There is no working phone or computer. You have no idea how annoying that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home