Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Saturday, July 14, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 06/26/07

Day 3.

Today I got up at 5:30 am. I packed up and went downstairs to breakfast at 6:45 am. I sat with Taygan, Isabell and Torrie (from Indiana). The bus was late and while we waited for it, Doe, Torrie (fI), Isabell and Meg all played with the Legos in the lobby. It was fun.

I then sat with Meg on the bus. She writes in her journal constantly. She was nice and she likes to read. It was a really long boring bus ride. First the bus was late and then we were stuck in traffic for at least 1 1/2 hours.

Then the tour guide joined us on the bus. I could understand her, that wasn't a problem. I just could never find what she was pointing out. We drove by the Place de la Concorde and the Opera House. She also took us to Notre Dame and we got to spend about 40 minutes there. I took some good video. It was still cold and windy. After Notre Dame, we went to lunch at a place called Flunch. The lobby smelled like the Weasly twins had sent a dung bomb off. It was a buffet thing. I had steak hache and french fries. It wasn't very good.

Then we were supposed to meet with Henri Landier. But he wasn't there. Instead there was some woman who didn't speak English very well. She told us as much as she could, but as soon as she stopped talking, I fell asleep. Then we walked up to the Montmartre area and saw the Sacre Coeur. The first thing I did was buy a sweatshirt that was way too expensive. Then we walked around a little more and went into the church. I was really annoyed because I couldn't find the plaque that talked about the shrapnel marks and WW I or WW II. It annoyed me.

I hung out with Taygan and Julie U. We were supposed to be a group of five but we weren't. The PtP rule is that 3 people to a group with at least one guy or 5 girls. That is one of the most annoying things ever. The rule is so sexist, it is nowhere near funny. I understand why the rule is there but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

After that, we went to dinner at a restaurant up in Montmartre. They served us pate, which is goose liver. It was so gross. I don't eat internal organs, thank you very much. (That was not an invitation to tell me all the internal organs I do actually eat. I don't want to know.)

We ended up on the Redlight district after dinner which was interesting. The other kids are still surprised about how open they are about bodies here. This was especailly shocking as there were pictures in front of most of the sex shops and live show places. I meant to take a picture of the red lights shining on the Metropolitan sign but I forgot.

After that, we fought traffic all the way back to the hotel. I went upstairs and grabbed my journal so I could go back down to the meeting. We talked about our homestays and they refused to tell us who were were going to be with until tomorrow. I am going to go get in the shower. Good night!

p.s. I learned that Taygan is going into sophomore year so I am not the youngest one here. there are actually quite a few upcoming sophomores. Julie is gonna be a senior. Meg is gonna be a sophomore. I almost forgot. Doe locked the deadbolt to keep the door from closing but then it got stuck between the door frame and the light switch. The door guy had to work on it like 45 minutes before he could get the door open. Amber also kicked door and broke the light switch. Due to my lack of cash (the ATM in Paris didn't work), I was unable to purchase ice cream today. This could be a good or bad thing. I don't know.

Today, Kevin and I had a huge discussion about Amazonian society and current society. Kevin was pissing me off because he believes that women need to get out of the workplace. He also said that women are weaker than men. I was getting ready to slap him. He thinks that all woman are suited for it raising children. I think I might have to kill him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home