Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Saturday, July 14, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 02/14/07

I would tell them (people who are angry at the French for France's opposition to the US position in Iraq) first that what the government does doesn't define the people. I would tell them that they can hate the French government all they want, but hating the people is just ridiculous.

Governments, being in charge, are pretty much required to take a stance on every issue; just because the government chose to take that stance on that issue is not reason to begrudge the people, even if some of them agree. You can't assume the entire French population agrees with their government. I mean, not everyone in American agrees with the War on Terror. In short, hating people who don't agree with you is stupid and never ending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home