Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Saturday, July 14, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 01/14/07

If I could bring back any dead Greek person, I would bring back Socrates because his teachings and bravery inspired Plato to open the Academy in Athens where Aristotle taught for 20 years. I chose him because it basically all started with him. I would ask him what made him decide to teach the youth of Athens and why did he not leave when parents started to make trouble? Once he answered those questions, I would tell him about how People to People is also teaching the youth, but this time it's teaching the youth of the world. I would tell him the program promotes peace and understanding between nations. I would also tell him that we still study him, his life and his methods of philosophy. I think he would be like the program and be flattered that he is still talked about today. I think he would be proud of his student, Plato, for continuing the tradition and I think he would be proud of the world's attempts for peace. I would also tell him that we are traveling to Athens this summer and that I am very excited to go. And the last thing I would tell him before I sent him back would be that I think his philosophy is interesting and that I enjoyed talking with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home