Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Saturday, July 14, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 06/24/07 & 06/25/07

Day 1 & 2

It never got dark, so this is one entry. Deal with it.

I got up at 4 am. We left the house at 5 am to drive to Grand Junction.

I forgot zip-lock bags. Oh well!

We got to the airport about 15 mins early and my mom insisted on taking millions of pictures. I was the first student to check in and my bag only weighed 33 lbs. Yay me! I also made friends with Taygan and her mom. I sat next to Madeline on the Grand Junction to Denver plane ride and slept for most of it. We sat around in the Denver airport for, like, 2 1/2 hours and I had Pizza Hut breadsticks for lunch because I forgot to bring my Nouriche yogurt drinks in the car.

Taygan and I have a lot of the same taste in music but she also likes some more eclectic music.

Then I sat next to Shelby and Carris on the Denver to Munich flight. Shelby was very nice. I ate chicken. I also watched Catch and Release and Freedom Writers. Then Carris made me mad with all his Aspen bashing (about students calling teachers by their first names). I only got like 2 hours of sleep. Then we got on the Munich to Paris flight and I sat next to Janessa. I slept again. Soon we arrived in Paris. Luckily my bag arrived safe and intact. Then we all got on the bus and went to lunch at a restaurant called Flam. We had a weird pizza thing with ham, onions and mushrooms. Then for dessert, we had a weird pizza thing with chocolate and apples. It was yummy.

Then we went to the Eiffel Tower. It was windy and cold and we had to wait a long time. I really wish I had a sweatshirt. After standing in the cold for years, we went up the tower. I went up and took some good pics and got some noisy film. I almost bought another Eiffel Tower, but decided against it. Then we went down, got back on the bus and went back to the hotel. I am rooming with Brianna and Torrie. I'm sharing a bed with Brianna. Brianna gave me a bunch of magazines she was done with. Now off to shower and sleep. Goodnight!!

p.s. I forgot about dinner. We ate at Planet and had a choice between cheeseburger and hamburger. Misa kept getting stuck in the elevator door. searching for a bathroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home