Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Sunday, July 15, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 07/02/07

Day 9.

Today we went to a transport camp and museum in Carpi, Italy. We had a guide that had a really thick accent and she was hard to understand. We went to the museum first and at first I tried really hard to understand her. But since I was tired, I quickly stopped paying attention. It was a bummer that everything was in Italian because normally I would have just read the stuff instead of listening. Then we took a short drive to the actual camp. We had the same guide there as well and at first I tried to understand because I really wanted to know what she was saying because I was really interested. But then when I couldn't understand her, I got bored and started wandering around the room, looking at the pictures and pretending I could read Italian. I ended up standing away from the crowd (because it was too hot to stand in a group like that) and swinging my arms back and forth (to cool down). Just as the guide was wrapping up in that room and getting ready to move outside, Mrs. Berry comes over and tells me off for dancing and not paying attention. I guess the first was true even though I denied it but I was dancing? I really didn't notice that. Apparently I have more skills than I thought. By the time the tour was over it was noon, so we went to lunch. For lunch we had packed breadsticks, rice.

And after lunch, everyone had to go to the bathroom. I have to tell you, all the bathrooms were designed with a male in mind. There was no toilet, let alone a seat. You just had to squat over a porcelain hole in the ground. It was so much fun! ('rolls eyes') Later I heard Jaime say, "I don't know how to squat so I just didn't go." How do you not know how to squat? Isn't that just instinct?

Then we got back on the bus and drove to the Leaning Tower of Piza. It was interesting. I liked it. I walked around with Julie, Isabel, Taygan and Tory. Taygan bought a lighter for her brother. Isabel bought a plaque. Julie threw a fit when Taygan, Isabel, Tory and I lay down on the ground in front of the Leaning Tower to take a picture. It was very entertaining. We only got to spend an hours there before we were piled back on the bus. Then we went to the hotel. I found out that I was rooming with Sierra and then it was time for dinner. We had mashed potatoes and pork. For dessert, there were ice cream sandwiches. Then I went back to the room and Sierra and I had several long fun conversations. I really could imagine being friends with her long-term. I could see her hanging out with my best friends and I and getting all our weird jokes. Well, sleep time. Good night!

******* I forgot how to draw stars (doodles).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home