Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Saturday, July 14, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 06/30/07

Day 7.

Today I got up at 6:30 am, because we had to leave the house by 8 am. For breakfast, I had cornflakes (I have never been so glad to see cornflakes in my life, that chocolate cereal was really gross). Then my host family drove all 3 of us to the meeting and when we got there, we gave them our Thank You notes. Mine was the only one on stationery (he, he) and I meant every word I wrote. The only problem is it is in English and my host family doesn't read or speak English.

Then we got on the bus and drove 2 1/2 - 3 hours to the Louvre. When we got there, Kelly and Lauren were freaking out because they took some class that made them really passionate about art. I corrected Taygan because she was saying Louvre wrong and she didn't like it. I had a cheeseburger for lunch. I had to take the top bun off because it had ketchup on it. Then I got abandoned by the group I ate luch with so I hung out with Breanna, Jaime, Shelby W. and Amber. Then we went in and did this weird quiz thing that didn't work because they wouldn't let us in without a ticket. I found most of the answers using the book.

After that, we went in and saw the Mona Lisa, Coronation of Napolean, Winged Victory, Venus de Milo and sever other important works. Was it just me or could I take photos last year because this year cameras were prohibited in rooms with paintings? Then we went to where the bus was supposed to pick us up and waited for like an hour. Then we found out that our bus was stuck behind a parade so we go on the Metro. When we got off, the bus driver met us and walked like 5 miles which none of us were prepared for. Then we stopped at a restaurant. All they served was quiche. Apparently Taygan really doesn't like quiche and she was going on and on and on about it and it was making it really hard for me to eat cause I happened to like mine. So I told her to be quiet and she jumped down my throat. She was all "I know you like being bossy, but I can complain all I want." I then tried to explain to her why I said it and she wouldn't have it. I apologized to her after dinner but she just kinda blew me off. I don't know if she is still made at me or not. After dinner, we walked a short distance to the train station where we got our bags and got on the train. I was rooming with Madeline, Jaime, Shelby M. and Adriana (who had hurt her hand earlier). There were six beds and five of us so Adriana decided to sleep on the floor so we only had to pull up two of the beds. I am planning to sleep on the bottom bed but there isn't a lot of room because we didn't pull up the other bed. We had a party thing in our room earlier. All the preppy kids were in our room, there was like 14 of them in the room at one point, plus us. When I get up, we will be in Italy. Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home