Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Saturday, July 14, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 06/27/07

Day 4.

I woke up this morning at 7:15 am. I got dressed and packed things up completely. Torie discovered her brush was missing, she had a freak out and decided Brianna had stole it. No one told Brianna, of course, why would we do that? Then Brianna came in and accused Torie of having a problem with her just because she was from Indiana. She tought this because that's what Shelby W. had told her.

Oh god, don't ya just love drama?

Then we had breakfast during which we learned a very interesting fact about Julie. Then we got on the bus which was much bigger than it had been the last few days. There was enough room for anyone who wanted their own seat to have their own seat. We then drove like 2 hours to Versailles. The Hall of Mirrors was open so I tool a lot of pics of that as well as of the King and Queen's apartment. Then we went out in the garden and took some pictures there. My group (Taygan, Julie, Rocky and I) were about 40 mins ealy for our meeting out front. So, we just sat there. I read Twilight. Then we got on the bus for the 2 1/2 hour ride to where our host family picked us up. I found out I was staying with Breanna (my roommate in the hotel) and Katy (Katriel). We are staying with Mr. & Mrs. _________. Because I speak the tiny bit of French that I do, I was chosen to be the official spokesperson for the group. They were very nice but also very old. We all sat around watching French news for a while and then their grown up son, his wife, Marie and their 1 yr old son came over for dinner. 'They brought another dog over so the animal count was 2 dogs and a cat. Then we had a 3-4 hour dinner. First there were all these snack-like appetizers. then there was quiche, which we all had 2 pieces of. Following that, there was salad, then cheese (that was kinda gross) and then some French dessert that was okay. After dinner I took a quick shower and now I must get in bed. Goodnight!

p.s. We gave the family their gifts at the beginning of the stay to break the ice. I am staying in the bedroom by myself,while Katy and Breanna get to stay in a room together. They are both very nice and into sports. The little black dog is about 14 years old and the cat is 17 years old. I forgot to mention the 4 adults at the table had a huge amount of liquor. A bottle of sherry, a bottle of whiskey, 3 bottles of wine between the four of them. The cat really liked Katy. And the dogs like me and Breanna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home