Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Sunday, July 15, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 07/01/07

Day 8.

Today was interesting to say the least. I woke up all by myself at 6 am and Adriana woke soon after. We talked until 6:30 am, when Weekley banged on the door waking everyone up. We got up and dressed and proceeded to walk through 28 cars to get to the dining car. There we had an insubstantial breakfast of bread and more bread. After breakfast was over, we rode the train for another 2 1/2 hours and then got off in Venice. Venice was amazing. We did so much because we were only there for one day. First we walked to San Marco Square. That is where the Church of St. Marc's is. Then Taygan, Julie, Tory, Isabel, Doe and I went into a mask shop that shipped all over the world. Taygan and Isabel each bought a mask but I by far spent the most money, by spending 95 euros total including 25 euros shipping. Then we met back up at the square. From the square, we went to the Grand Canal and rode a gondola. I was in a boat with Taygan, Lauren, Jaime, Josh and Breanna. I was taking video and so I got some of the conversation. (Teenagers are random.) Then we went to lunch. They served us pasta, chicken and gelatto. We met the tour guide in the Squary of Sweet Maria. She showed us all around Venice and we ended up at the glass factory. This really buff dude made a vase and then a horse. It was good and he said no good because the glass had been used before. Then we went into the showroom and he showed us how strong the glass is. I bought an expensive vase for my mom. Then we had another hour of free time during which the ATM ate my card. So I have no money until at least Tuesday. Then we walked to a boat, took that to the train, rode that to the bus and the bus took us to our hotel. Katriel is my roommate again. She wasn't very happy (not 'cause I was her roommate but because she wasn't with her friends.) We couldn't figure out how to turn the lights on. Finally Shelbey W. showed us that you had to stick you key in the slot and leave it there for the lights to stay on. Katriel left with Torie and went and hung out. After they left, I got in the shower. About 3 mins into my shower, someone started banging on the door and I ignored it. About 10 minutes later, there was more banging and this time, it didn't stop. So I got out of the shower with conditioner still in my hair, left the shower running, grabbed a towel and answered the door. It was Adrianna and Shelbey, looking for Katy. After telling them she wasn't here and I didn't know where she was, I finished my shower. I am going to bed now. Good night!

I learned an interesting fact about Torie and Katriel from Lauren.

Lauren is the greatest. She's so random and funny. She is also really passionate about everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home