Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Sunday, July 15, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 07/04/07

Day 11.

Full On!! Ugggh!

Today was our full on day. We started out on a tennis court playing one round of Giants, Wizards and Elves. Then we went into a gym full of loud music and loud energetic people. Once in the gym, we played all sorts of ridiculous games. I was too mortified to have fun. Then we got sorted into groups. My leader was a guy named Jono. I found him and all the other Full On people annoying. First, we went to get gelatto. Joy bought mine for me. I owe her 3 euros. Then we went into the square in front of the church and played a game they call the maze. It's the game I played in health and won. It good 20 minutes including 6 penalties. Then we walked over to the park and did Trust exercises. They were lame compared to the activities at basecamp. Then we had lunch at th epark and talked about random stuff, like accents and Grey's Anatomy.

After lunch, we started toward the castle we were supposed to repell off of. But before we got even halfway there, we found out that there was wind and lightning, so we couldn't go. Instead we went back to the square and played games. We played Big Booty and Little Sally Walker. Then we went back to the gym. Soom after we got there, the DJ put on the Macarena and 75% of the people were doing it. It was a ton of fun. Then we did YMCA and the Electric Slide.

Then they showed us the 3 board breaking techniques. We practiced all 3 and I decided I didn't want to do it at all. As soon as I told Jono, he took me outside to try to build my confidence up or something. He said the typical "you can do it" crap. I'm not Bob the Builder. I told him why I didn't want to do it (because of my cerebral palsy) and he acted like he could tell if I was able to do it. He's not a doctor and he doesn't know my medical history. What does he think he is, magical? Anyway, finally bowing to pressure, I did it but now I am glad I did so it's all okay. I ket the wood, but Jono took it and wrote really big on one side, "My friend your the bomb Jono" (sic). I might have everyone sign it just to make me feel better because I didn't really like him and he wasn't my friend. Later, we had to partner off and he linked arms with me and wouldn't let go. It was creepin' me out.

Then we left the Full On people and had a free hour. I went with Adriana and Ben to get water and ended up borrowing 4 euros from Weekley to get chocolate gelatto. Then we drove back to the same gross hotel as last night. I spent most of tonight on the balcony talking to other people. It was fun. I surprised Rocky by knowing what astral projection was (see, Charmed does come in handy). Now I am going to go to bed. Good night!

p.s. We were throwing Nutella at the boys from my balcony and Meg threw one it ricocheted off the wall and Ethan caught it. It was cool. And please don't get us in trouble. ('puppy dog eyes')

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home