Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Monday, July 16, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 07/11/07

Day 18.

Today we got up at 6:30 am. Then I ate a quick breakfast and we walked to the tram. Once on the tram, we had an hour ride. I was sitting next to a wall and I kept falling asleep. Sierra and Kimberly kept waking me up. Sierra blew in my face and Kimberly kept saying my name. Finally, I stopped falling asleep and was just resting my eyes and every time they 'woke' me up, I just glared at them.

After the tram, we started our city walk. First we saw the guards in front of the Parliament building (?). We got to see them do their little dance change thing. Then we headed to the Acropolis. It was hot, but amazing. I am completely confounded by the ancient Greeks. The Parthenon is beautiful but seeing it like that just makes me want to see it the way it was. Just once. After the gorgeous beautiful Parthenon, we went down into the Plaka and went shopping. I bought presents for Lily and Jack because I just realized that I was gonna see them 2 weks after I got back. Then we went to lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe, Athens. It was ok, the food was a little overcooked and I managed to spill my french fries all over the floor. Oh well. Then I went shopping again and got a blue purse for Aunt Nancy. I also got a frap from Starbucks. Then we went back to the hotel and as soon as we got there, we left for our dance class. When we got there, we were divided into 2 groups. My group went with the nice female instructor. We learned 4 dances adn were sweting all over each other. I am probably not going to remember the dances tomorrow. Then we went to dinner and it was the best food of the entire trip. Everyone kept spilling the water on themselves. After dinner, we went back to the Dora Straton theater to watch a performance. It was interesting and boring at times. Overall I liked it but I like current dancing more. After that we went back to the hotel, I called my mom, took a shower and am going to bed. Good night!

p.s. After wanting to see Greece and the Parthenon for so long, actually seeing it was a bit of a shock. I didn't believe I was there until after I left. I'm still amazed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home