Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Sunday, July 15, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 07/08/07

Day 15.

Today we woke up at 6:15 am. I had one of the best sleeps on the entire trip. We had bread, cheese and turkey for breakfast. I am so sick of bread, it isn't even funny. Then we got on the bus and drove to Pompeii. I was really excited. I got even more excited when I realized that our guide didn't have a strong accent. Antonio, our guide, took us to see all sorts of things from gorgeous frescoes to brothels. (By the way, yesterday at the convent, we had really good views of Vesuvius off our balcony. I took pics.)

The only thing I was bummed about was that we didn't get to see more people. I learned that Pompeii erupted in 1944. I didn't know that. I thought Zeus' (Jupiter's) temple was interesting. Then our guide took us to some shell factory and I almost bought a necklace but I decided it was out of my range. Then we had 40 minutes of free time, most of which I spent trying to find an ATM to see if it works. Then we got on the bus for 5 hours. I sat next to Joy because Hannes stole her seat. I slept for most of the first 2 hours and then I tried to use the ATM at the first rest stop but the card slot was jammed. At the second rest stop had no ATM. Then we got dropped off by the bus and got on the ferry. It's huge and its rooms are relatively nice. Then we had spaghetti and salad for dinner. Then we went up on the deck and wrote in our journals. (Earlier there was an American movie playing and I was watching it with this 6 or 7 year old Greek girl.) Now I am gonna turn this in to Mr. Weekley and go back to my room. Good night!

p.s. I felt really comfortable in the convent. I liked our view and I loved the simplicity of the room. I want to talke to my Mommie. I miss her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home