Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Sunday, July 15, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 07/06/07

Day 13.

Today I got up at 5 am. We had a really bad boxed breakfast. I didn't eat much. I have to shadow Joy but she hangs out with the people I like so it wasn't too bad. We went to the Vatican. The best part was just being in the Vatican. My audio guide didn't work so I had no idea what I was looking at, plus I was hungry and tired. Once outside the Vatican, everyone got food. Joy bought me a tomato and cheese panini ( I now owe her 7 euros).

Then we went to St. Peter's Square. Joy wanted to try to get in the Basilica so we waited in line. We got in and spent 20 minutes in there. It was huge. It looked like it had taken a long time and a lot of work to complete. I thought it was kinda cool. But we couldn't remember/figure out where the last pope was buried.

Then we took the roundabout route to lunch. Where we had rice and then ice cream sandwiches. We got on the Metro and rode it to the Spanish Steps. We were then split into groups and then the leaders said be here by 5:30, go. We had find 3 places on the way but it was still odd. We went to the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and some random square thing. We got the end point 1 1/2 hours early so we just hung out around the square. There were a bunch of us hanging out together and this one man kept trying to hit us up. Finally, Amber got mad and started telling the man to leave or she would get the cops. He still wouldn't leave so Julie pulled out a one and tried to get him to sell a 3 euro bracelet for 1 euro. Then he left and never came back.

After that we had a short walk to dinner. I sat with Meg, Kimberley and Shelby M. I was wearing a white shirt and so of course being me, I spilled pizza on my shirt. So about halfway through the meal, I got my Tide To Go out of my purse and was blotting my shirt. I looked up to see one of the waiters staring at me so I said, "Hi!" He walked away and came back a 1/2 minute leter with a spray can in his hand. He tried to hand it to me but I didn't know what it was or what he wanted so I just looked at him, confused. So he took the cap off and sprayed the stain which happened to be on my chest. I was so shocked that I just fell over laughing which made everyone else at the table laugh. He left the spray and walked away. Later we felt bad for laughing but what could we do about it. We also talked about Scooby Doo, Powderpuff Girls and Pokemon. Then we rode the bus back to the hotel and I spent the rest of the night in my room but that was okay because we ordered internet. Good night.

Katy got accused of drinking today which I think is horrible because she is not that kind of person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home