Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Sunday, July 15, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 07/07/07

Day 14.

Today we got up at 7 am. We drove ________ to Mount Vesuvius. It was about 1:30 pm (?). I was shadowing again because I still hadn't finished my journal. I had to sit next to Carris. We had ravioli and cake for lunch. Then the bus did the rest of the incredibly frightening drive up to the mountain. When we got there, we had to hike up the rest of the mountain to the top. It was hard and I was not at all prepared for it. After I had huffed and puffed my way up the mountain, I chilled with Joy, while Carris hiked the rest of the way around the crater. We hung out at the gift shop at the top for like an hour before we hiked back down. Once down, I paid 20 cents (euros) to brush off my shoes. Julie spent 6 of her last 10 euros. I liked the mountain but all my pics look like a pile of dirt so that was a little bit of a bummer.

Then we got back on the bus and drove down the road. It was freakin' me out because we were very top heavy and I could fell it around the hairpin turns. Once we got down, we drove into Naples and went to visit a nun. That was interesting. I thought it was funny that the nun liked the movie, Sister Act. She also told us some interesting things about being a nun like that there are stages and something about perpetual vows. It sounds like getting married to god. After talking to the nun, we got on the bus to drive to the hotel that wasn't a hotel. We were staying at a convent!! I was rooming with Taygan, Julie and Isabel.

For dinner we had pasta. It was good. A lot of people were freaked out by the fact that we were staying in a convent. Julie was upset that the leaders had lied because someone had told her that we were staying in a hotel. The convent inspired some of the strangest and dirtiest conversations of the entire trip. My table ended up talking about devil worshippers.

After dinner, we all went back to our rooms. I felt like the invisible woman. I was completely ignored. I asked Taygan to use her phone and she said she felt bad but she had used it over 20 minutes and I couldn't use it. But then she let Julie use it for 15 minutes and when Amber asked to use it Taygan handed it to her with no questions asked. I was getting really pissed off. Good night!

p.s. We all got our passports stamped at the top of Vesuvius. Nicola got hit by a BMW and he got the ticket because he wasn't from Naples and the other guy was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home