Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Monday, July 16, 2007

People to People European Odyssey journal, 07/10/07

Day 17.

Today we got up at 7 am. We got up, had breakfast and got on the bus. We drove to the oldest theater in Greece, Epidorus. It was very interesting. I think it says a lot about the ancient Greeks that they built a theater we still use today. I took pictures and then I had Joy take a picture of me. Then we went to a ceramic gallery/studio. I bought a coffee cup, 2 dinner bells, 2 busts of Artemis. Then we drove back to the hotel and had lunch. After lunch, we drove to Athens. We went to our hotel. I am rooming with Meg and Janessa. We had an hour before we had to go help the sea turtles, so my roommates and I went swimming in the hotel pool. After swimming, I called my mom. She thought it was funny how excited I was to actually be in Athens. We had a good long talk. After talking to Mom, we went to go help the sea turtles. We were 20 mins early so we went and swam for about 15 mins (I only waded) and I collected rocks. Then we went to the sea turtle rescue center. We saw a presentation/video on turtles and how hard it is for them because of humans. Then we went and played a game with stuffed turtles that Williams was being way too competitive about. Following the game, we went and looked at the hurt turtles. They were all so cute especially Carolina, the smallest turtle they have. Then we went to dinner at the hotel. But first we had to cross the highway to get back to the hotel and it was entertaining because a couple of people almost got hit and there were 3 people who would always run across during the first available space. After dinner, I went back up to the room and called my mom again. When we hung up, I turned on the TV. I was flipping through the channels and I thought I saw a window in the Halliwell Manor. So I had to wait for the commercial break during to be over to see if it actually was Charmed. It was! I watched Charmed in Greece! I called my mom and left a message to tell her. It was really cool. Then my roommates and I watched What a Girl Wants with Amanda Bynes and went to bed. Good night!

p.s. I can write Leo in Greek. I know this because of the subtitles on Charmed. I still have to get presents for people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home