Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Friday, February 08, 2008

The Musical







I am in the musical at the high school this year. I wasn't going to try out, but then my friends made me. I was not at all prepared and I had to sing acapella. I sang Do You Believe in Magic? by the Lovin' Spoonful. I didn't do very good I could have done way better if I had prepared.

Anyway I got in the musical, but all I do is walk acrosss the stage reading at the very beginning and sing with the chorus at the very end. I am kind of annoyed, that I have to go to practice for hours, just to walk in a straight line across the stage. It doesn't require any acting skills or any skills at all. A monkey could do it.

Plus, I don't like the musical we are doing, Guys & Dolls. Don't get me wrong I am a big lover of musicals, but this doesn't have any good memorable songs and it isn't that entertaining. I actually can't think of any songs, that I actually like.

So, I feel like, I'm wasting my time with something stupid. I know I have more talent than they are giving me credit for. I hope next year, I'll be more prepared for the auditions, because Erin's mom is going to help all of us girls by getting a pianist and vocal coach to work with us. So, I should do better. This why I was afraid of trying out because I knew it would not go well. But I know that if I want to be an actress that I need to get use to rejection and bouncing back from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home