Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Friday, February 01, 2008

News Flash

On September 1st, 2007 I got a tattoo on my left shoulder. I went down to Glenwood Springs with my mom and we got matching tattoos, mine on my left shoulder, hers on her right lower back. I got a Triquetra, which is a symbol that means the 3 stages of a woman's life, it can also stand for the 3 goddesses of Celtic Mythology. This tattoo was kind of against my father's wishes, but when he told me that I couldn't get a tattoo until I was 18, my mom and I had already made the plans. I am not thinking my grandparents are going to be ecstatic either, but what can you do. However, my tattoo is rather large and it is not something I recommend doing, just on a whim. I had thought about my tattoo for over a year before I got it, which is a long span of time for an 14/15 year old. I am glad I got it, even though it will upset people. The only bummer is I bled a lot so I am going to have to get it touched up, because the plasma in my blood mixed with the ink and its not as black as it should be.

during the actual process, I was very quiet. I didn't make much noise and I watched a movie on my iPod. The only time I ever had remorse was while I was getting my tattoo because it hurt so much. It was kind of annoying to take care of it and taking a shower hurt,but those were the only downsides. I thought the faces of everyone when they saw were funny, because I don't seem like the type of person to have a tattoo. But I don't get why they think that because my world history teacher, who is one of the biggest geeks I know, has several tattoos and a tongue piercing. But whatever. So, there you have it. I have a tattoo and am proud of it. There are pics below of me getting my tattoo.

2 Comments:

Blogger rabiel said...

Well, Why didn't you show me the art work?? Did you actually get it while we were there?? It looks kind of classic and yet mod at the same time. I will have to see it when we are back!!

Fri Feb 08, 08:28:00 PM MST  
Blogger rabiel said...

Oh, you said you got it September first... And you didn't say anything while we were there?? Or did I just miss it??? You do talk fast!

Fri Feb 08, 08:37:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home