Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Monday, January 28, 2008

Buffy the Vampire Slayer


Today is Sydney's birthday!!! Yay!

But that is not what this post is about. This post is about a TV show that I really like called Buffy The Vampire Slayer. The premise is that there is one girl in each generation that is the Vampire Slayer, basically the girl who fights all the evil stuff. In our generation, Buffy Summers is that girl. The thing that is different about Buffy is that she has friends, friends who know she is the Slayer and help her in her exploits. I really like this show because it starts with Buffy as a sophomore in high school and follows her life for 7 years.

Although there is a lot of mysticality going on in the show it is very really. Really people with real problems, some with real addictions. It is rather like Charmed in that aspect. I think the coming and going of character is consistent with the change of real life. The change and ebb and flow of relationships is also relatively real although these characters seem to relationship issues that most people don't have. Buffy keeps falling in love with vamps, Willow gets addicted to magic, so her girlfriend breaks up with her, and Xander falls for and ex-demon, who has a tendency to be extremely blunt. But although these problems are in different form they are th sam ekind of problem normal people have. Willow has a addiction, like a drug addiction, Buffy always falls for the bad boys and Xander, just has an odd girlfriend. these are normal things in extraordinary situations.

There is also the extreme funny. There are quotes and such from every episode that are hilarious. They are even better than Charmed in the way that they also appear funny to an outsider. This makes Dara feel less left out, which is good (although I have to say she could try harder). I love this and although I have not meorized every episode, I know that I will as long as my brain still has the capacity.

Happy Birthday, Sydney!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home