Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Thursday, September 09, 2010

I need a job!!!?!

I don't know how to do this. I've had job since I was 15 with my mom and I have no idea how to go about getting a job, but I need one. I don't know how to do this. I have only had two jobs: one, being a sort of junior receptionist for my mother and the second, working as a barista at Starbucks. I sort of stumbled into both of those jobs and now I don't know what to do. I have gone on to the Columbia website for these things and I don't really see anything that I think I'd be good at. There was one job in my building, but I don't think I'm really right for it. It's being a judicial assistant... I don't really know what that means and I looked at the job description and the qualifications and I felt like it was really hard and above my qualifications. But I am worried that I'm not really qualified for anything and I guess the only way you become qualified is to pretend that you are, so that people will give you jobs, so that you become qualified. That just seems really dishonest and I don't want to tell someone that I can do something and then let them down.

I thought it was a really good plan to try to work in a movie theatre or movie rental store, because those are the places that I typically spend the most money, but I can't figure out how I figure out if they're hiring. I wouldn't be totally against working in a Target or something. I might even be okay with working in a Macy's, but I just worry that I wouldn't be a good sales person. I guess I just have to put myself out there, but do you know how nerve-racking that is. It's so much easier to get up on a stage and act like an idiot, than to ask someone for a job in complete seriousness and have them laugh in your face.

1 Comments:

Blogger prncss722 said...

Rachel:

The school should have a center where you can go to look for a job. If you need help creating a resume, I can do that. Or the center will help you too, usually. Let me know. It is usally called the Student Employment Centre, and they usually do a lot to help you. Or you can call a temp agency, but I hope you do not have to go that route.

Sat Sep 11, 04:58:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home