Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Disney Musicals





I love Disney musicals. I love the lyrics and the heart and the love in all of them. I love that they're so fun to sing along to. I think that everyone (even the boys) should watch them as children. They are such a fun, solid base for morals as you grow. It sad that they don't really make them this way anymore. I mean The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Snow White, Mulan, The Lion King, Aladdin, The Jungle Book, Aristocats, Pocahontas and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. I love them and the art is so beautiful and there is so much there that you could watch them a million times, which is good, because that's what most kids want. Disney's more recent children's efforts are awesome too, but you lose something with computer generated animation. It feels like there is less blood, sweat and tears, less of a bond between the animator and the kids at home. It is almost purer. I will be sad if there comes a time that children don't know these movies, because I found that they often connect people with huge differences that otherwise would never talk. We all wanted to be princesses and wanted a man to sing to us. There is no greater magic in the world than a four year old in her Ariel costume sitting in front of the television singing Part of Your World at the top of her lungs, unless its being able to match her word for word and off key note for off key note. People who say that there are bad messages in Disney must only look for the bad in life, because these movies are about joy and love. There is a reason that Disneyland is called the happiest place on Earth. It's because that's what this is all about. It about joy and laughter and bonding and love and fun.

Sorry for the random rant about Disney muscials. Let us not forget the live action ones like Mary Poppins. I mean Julie Andrews won an Oscar for that. That's how awesome it is. Okay now I'm really done.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home