Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Thursday, July 01, 2010

New phone and Computer

This week with the exception of a panicky hour from about 5pm to 6pm has been a good week with me and electronics. On Tuesday, I got a new phone, because the screen on my old phone stopped working. I had my mom's old motorola razor and I got a Nokia Twist 7705. Closed its dimensions are 2.7 inches x 2.7 inches x 0.59 inches, but it swivels open and has a full keyboard. I can text much easier now.
Then today I got my brand new 15 inch MacbookPro for college. In fact I am writing this blog post on it. I have not had a chance to really explore it yet and see everything it can do, but unlike the laptop I was using which was my mom's old laptop this one has working speakers. The operating system is very different, but I will figure it out. I just discovered that there is no end button, hopefully there is a command that does the same thing. I am excited to keep learn about my new gadgets. At the very least it will be an adventure and I will probably have frustrated moments along the way, but my friends who have already been converted assure me that once you go Mac you never go back, so we shall see.



2 Comments:

Blogger prncss722 said...

How did you manage to get your computer early? Did you badger your mom or what? I am so glad you were able to get it though!! What did your dad give you for a graduation gift? I was so happy to be there for you!! Hope you are having a great summer. I love you much! Will keep up to date with your life on your blog, but send me your phone number because it was in my old phone. I can text you too!! Much love, Leah

Wed Jul 14, 07:29:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Writer Girl said...

I used my graduation gift to cover a lot of it and then we bought it right before mom went on her trip. Basically I made the logical argument, that I needed to now how to use it before school. Dad got me a Kindle. I'll email you my new number.

Thu Jul 15, 12:50:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home