Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

History and Math class

I sit in history and I don't want to be here. I know that education is a valuable thing, but I am done. I am no longer interested in busywork, in taking science classes and other classes that I am not interested in. I don't mind talking about history. In fact, I find Gorbachev and Reagan very interesting. I mean come on the "Evil Empire" I think Reagan might have some issues. But its all very interesting. I am spent at least a semester on the Cold War, which is not something that most high school students even get to do. The relations between Russia and the United States during that time period. We are talking about Poland and the American Catholic Polish now. We are also talking about Lech Walesa (the head of Solidarity) and his labor movement in the 80's. Its kind of interesting. I enjoy hearing about the Polish and their enclaves in America. I think it would be cool to know Polish or Swedish or something.

I am now in math. I hate math. It's not that I don't understand it, I just don't like learning it. It is very tedious and I have a hard time paying attention. The other thing is I have a tendency to learn things for the test and then forget them. With math this is a problem, because every unit builds on a previous one. My math teacher is a Latter-Day Saint and he can't get mad, so its kinda funny when we don't do what we're supposed to. He also tends to ignore us, so we do things like read and talk through this entire period. This class is so much like a stereotypical high school movie. It's like Mean Girls of something, we do nothing, or that's what it feels like. I have no focus in this class. I will go now, because we are supposed to be working on a warm up. Yay! *sarcasm*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home