Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Um...I have no idea what to call this.

Ok, well…. I’m bored. I ‘m at work right now and I’m bored. That
is…annoying, because I have 8 hours and 20 minutes left of work.
Luckily though, no one has been particularly nasty yet. If I wasn’t
here I would be sleeping. Granted I am getting paid $14 an hour not
to be sleeping and I have been doing a lot of sleeping, but I like
sleeping.

I had a really weird dream last night. I dreamed that I was on an FBI
task force hunting a serial killer and so I woke up at 2:30 am and
couldn’t get back to sleep, because all I could think about was
catching this guy.

I am really thirsty, when Nancy gets back I am going to get some
water. I wish that I could work an operator, but generally they don’t
have those anymore…but can I tell you how annoying automated systems
are? You listen to all of these prompts, but none of them apply to
you and all you want is to talk to a human and that is that last
prompt on the system. I think that if a company got actual operators
then it would have a much higher customer service rating. Is there
such a thing as a customer service rating?

Nancy and I were just talking about good cop/bad cop which made me
think of Die Hard and that John McClane is the epitome of bad cop. I
really want to watch all those movies again. It’s like the 80’s were
the Golden Age for action movies. They had stars like Arnold
Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, and Bruce Willis. I don’t why,
but they were just better…maybe it’s because they used physical
stunts, instead of CGI. It’s actually cooler to see a physical stunt.
I think that’s why Live Free or Die Hard stood up to the original 3,
because it was mostly physical stunts, so visually it was the same. I
think that in some ways too much CGI (as much as I love fantasy
movies) messes with the age old tradition of film. Well, technically
its not age old, because film was invented in the 1880’s, but still.
I want to create a fantasy world with as many physical stunts as
possible, because its just not as fun when you can tell they didn’t
actually do it themselves (or that it wasn’t even done by a human).

I am bored again… I now have 6 and ½ hours until I get to go home. I
just killed two hours. Well, not really killed, because I was
answering phones and typing messages and scanning Driver’s Licenses
and Insurance cards and checking patients in and such. I actually
don’t mind working, while I’m here, but I hate the idea of working, so
I get a stomach ache the day before, but once I am working, its all I
can do, there is no room for extraneous thought. Well, when the phone
is ringing at least. When it gets quiet I think too much and then
apparently I talk too much. That is why I am writing this right now.
It is an effort not to chatter. But the thing is that I love to
chatter. I talk to myself, to my computer, to my cat and dog, to
characters in books, movies and tv shows. I just like to talk. I
have thoughts and opinions about everything and I like to share them
with the people around me. Apparently people find me annoying, my mom
even cuts me off, which just makes me mad. That’s probably a
character flaw. But everyone has character flaws, so I’m not that
worried about it.

I’m starting to get nervous about college. I’m worried that I’m not
going to be creative enough. I have a lot of ideas, but I can never
seem to bring them to fruition. I have a hard time creating character
and my stories are never indie compatible. I just hope can find
someone who likes Buffy and 80’s action movies as much as I do. If I
can’t I’m afraid that I’m going to be very lonely. I could never be
completely lonely with Harry for company, but still. I also hope that
I can find someone to go to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and
the Deathly Hallows, because that would be a sad event to attend by
yourself. But I am excited to be able to film things and learn about
the process and what is possible. I am a little worried about being
behind everyone else, but I guess at this point the most I can do is
jump into whatever they give me feet first. Still, I can’t help
thinking about how far behind I could be. Ok… I want to be done with
the pity party now.

Now there are 2 hours to go until I get to leave!!! Yay and I
balance, even better. I have nothing to say…I am going to go home and
watch NCIS, maybe I’ll even call Erin.

Now there are 25 minutes left in my scheduled day…I still have to wait
to see if the 5:30 is going to show and then make sure I balance and
do all the wrap up stuff, but its so close. Nancy likes Bruce Willis
too. Yay!!!! Positive vibes. What can I say that’s positive?
Um…..I"m home!!!!!! Thats positive and now I get to sleep and read Live Free or Die Hard Fanfiction.

One more thing...the formatting on this post is all weird, but I'm too lazy to fix it. Sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home