Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Monday, May 05, 2008

IronMan


I saw this tonight with my friend Sydney, it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it very much. It is about this billionaire, named Tony Stark, who is the head of a weapons company founded by his father. He goes to Afghanistan for a weapons presentation and gets abducted by a terrorist group who wants him to rebuild the missile he demonstrated. In the process of kidnapping him, they almost blow him up and he has a ton of shrapnel embedded in him. To save his life they put in a magnet thing that keeps the shrapnel away from his heart. With the help of an Afghani scientist, he makes a suit to help him escape from his prison in the mountains. Once the suit is built he escapes and crash lands in the middle of the desert and is soon found by the military, who has been looking for him for 3 months. When he gets back he is very disillusioned, because the very people who he built his weapons to protect against have gotten a hold of them. This causes him to be very upset and decide to take Stark Industries out of the weapons business. This angers Obadiah, who has been in this company since its founding by Tony’s father. Later when Tony finds out that some how the terrorist survived and still have a hold of his weapons, he sets out to make a suit to stop them. This is the premise upon which this movie is based, but there is so much more to it, including Pepper Potts, Tony’s assistant who often provides comic relief. I really enjoyed this movie and would recommend for anyone except, perhaps, my grandmothers. I will post again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home