Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight!!!




Ok, Let's get one thing straight right now. I read Twilight before anyone knew what it was. I did not jump on the bandwagon. It must have been the end of 7th or the beginning of 8th grade. At the time I immediately loved the book, after I read the meadow scene. I made Erin read and it spread from there. So, of course having read the whole series, including Breaking Dawn in two days, while visiting with my Grandparents and cousins and aunt and uncles in Chicago, I went to see the movie on the 21st. I loved it, it was fabulous and they managed to keep most of my favorite scenes in the movie, all except the one where she faints in Biology. I thought all of the scenes were well done and I thought that all of the people cast were perfect for the parts, including those that I started out thinking were a bad idea. I recommend these books and this movie for anyone. I am also excited because the main cast members said they would love to do all four books and I predict that that will happen, because Twilight had an amazing opening weekend and I think will continue to have great sales. I know I have gone twice already and think I will go again, if for no other reason, then to go with Erin.

After seeing it a second time, I did notice something that bothered me, mostly because of something mom said. Bella is supposed to be every teenage girl, there is never really any real description of her and so it allows every read to put their own perspective on Bella. And something that I saw in the books, but didn't translate very well, was that, Bella is NOT just a damsel in distress. There is a lot more to her in the book than there was in the movie. In the book, she doesn't give into Edward as fast and she is more sarcastic. I was sad that my mom came away not liking Bella very much and so I would really like her to read the book. For two reasons, one so she understands why I like it so much and maybe, she will read the series and another because I really want her to stop beating on Bella. But back to the things I liked.

I thought Kellan Lutz as Emmett Cullen was a very smart decision, he very well embodied the character, including his glee for violence and such, without making him seem horrible. I thought the guy, who played Jasper did an incredibly good job at looking in pain constantly, cause that can be very difficult. I wouldn't have originally picked the girl who played Alice to play her, but she did a good job. I have to say though if it was my choice, I might still cast Rachel Leigh Cook as Alice in New Moon. I thought the women who were cast in the parts of Rosalie and Esme were very talented even though at this point in the story neither of those characters really have any depth yet.

I also liked the little details like that crest that everyone wore and the things in the house and the house itself. Technically, the house, the school, and Bella's car were wrong, but I liked them anyway. I am now freaking out about everything Twilight, so even though I sent most people who asked a Christmas list, if you need any more ideas look at the Twilight merchandise on either Amazon.com or Hottopic.com I really liked this movie and I am now reading the books again. I hoep anyone who reads this is interested enough to go see it and help insure that the sequels happen. If they don't I might cry.

Other than that I am still working at both Starbucks and AMC and I am doing pretty well in school. my last report card was all A's and B's. I am hanging out with my friends a lot, but I am still boyfriend-less (my Edward is nowhere to be found) and still a pain-in-the-butt to my mom sometimes. I am junior now and having to think about colleges. I don't really have much of an idea where I am going to end up, but it will probably be somewhere on the East Coast, but I truly have no clue. I miss all my family that's far away and this whole economy thing is freakin' me out, I wish it would just go away. I plan to actually buy/make presents for my friends and family this year and I am excited for Christmas. I can't wait 'til my choir concert and then Break and the tryouts for the Spring musical, which is going to be South Pacific. I want a smallish big part, because I think if you are one of the main characters it is more stressful than fun. So, that's my life right now. I hope to post more often, but knowing me... Well I will update you more later.

2 Comments:

Blogger rabiel said...

This Twilight thing seems to be a big deal! I'm glad you enjoyed and enjoyed and enjoyed it... I guess I will have to get the netflix when it comes out... I'm not going to go to see it with all the screaming kids that I saw on the news....

Mon Nov 24, 09:18:00 PM MST  
Blogger danielle said...

i don't know how to comment them, but thank you sosososososososoos much for your blogs about your european oddessy trip. im going next july, and i wanted to know what it was like.

Tue Nov 25, 06:00:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home