Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

90210!!!


Okay, I know you want to hear about my life and I promise I will fill you in tomorrow, but first...

90210 started yesterday. I was super excited. I went straight home from school for the first time this year. I buffed out my room, even under my bed and I did all my homework. I was determined to go watch the premiere of 90210 and these were the condtitions. So, I finished my homework at 6:51 pm. This meant I had nine mimutes to get over to Grandma and Papa's condo. Steve actually ended up driving me (Thank you, Steve!), but I still missed the very beginning.

But I really liked the show. I enjoyed how they tied the two shows together. For example: Kelly Taylor is in the new show as a guidence counselor and Mel and Jackie's daughter is in it. Also Shannen Doherty is back as Brenda for at least the first couple episodes. The same actress who played Kelly' mom in the original show is playing her again so that's kinda cool. They did a really good job of making the story the same yet very different. Beverly Hills, 90210 was revolutionary. It changed a lot of things about TV and they could never re-make it, but they have done a smashing job of modernizing it.

Now, I don't know much about the show yet, but here is what I do remember.

There are the main characters Dixon and Annie. They are the Brenda and Brandon equivalent. They moved from Kansas and Dixon is adopted, but their dad thinks he was on 90210, but he really wasn't. Annie is into theater and likes a bunch of guys right away and loves her brother very much. Sound like anyone you know. But Dixon seems to be his own character and almost a mix between Brandon and Steve.

Then there is Naomi. She is the weird, mean, popular girl. She is dating this guy, but when he cheats on her she cheats back, which is totally the way to solve this issue. She was the person who annoyed me the most.

Then we have Ethan who is dating Naomi. He is this big jock that is nice and very much a bastard at the same time. He plays lacrosse and is the big jock on campus. He reminds me of Steve, but he is actually not Steve-like at all.

Then we have Navid who is the news guy. He is actually a cross between Andrea and David. I like him, but it annoys me that we don't have an Andrea in this show. You know, the really smart girl who is from a bad background and the like. Navid is very loyal and is Dixon's friend and the fact that his dad is an X-rated movie producer was unexpected and funny. Although I have to say that he might be gay.

Here we have the first character from the original show Erin Silver. She goes by Silver and I think she is my favorite so far. She is a pretty nice girl, but she has a funky fashion sense and a mean streak. Shes runs a vlog called the Viscous Circle. I was really excited about her.

Ryan Matthews is the young English teacher, who actually is interested in Kelly Taylor. He seems pretty cool, but I can guarntee the fact that he is yoing and hot will efffect the story line greatly.

Then there is Harry Wilson and Debbie Wilson, who are the parents and like the Walshes, not quite sure what to do with this new environment. I think they will have a more interesting dynamic than the Walshes, so keep an eye out for that.

Tabitha Wilson is Harry's alcoholic, aging, sick mother. She is a character and does and says the most random things. She will add an element of constant comedy to a sow that can get very drama heavy.

Some of the returning cast is Jeannie Garth, Shannen Doherty and the girl who played David and Kelly and Erin's mother. It is also possible that some of the other original cast members will come back at some point. I noticed some thingas that I am sure that Brenda said to her parents in the pilot. And I noticed a ton of hat tipping towards the old show. They will not forget that it happened and they are going to acknowledge it. I am very excited about this show. I hope it will be good and survive. I hope I am able to keep up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home