Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Friday, November 03, 2006

Fiddler on the Roof


I went to ACT's production of Fiddler on the Roof last night. I actually really liked it although I was frustrated with the arranged marriage thing. Then at intermission my mom, started saying how I should go out for plays put on by ACT (Aspen Community Theater). But I am just so afraid that I would do something stupid or idiotic. I think that if I could work up the courage to try out I would probably get a small part. I just don't have the courage. The acting was fabulous especially by Pat Holloran (Tevye), and Tammy Barr (Golda). Their were alot of people I know in volved in this play. Gina Nuzzo, Katie Bird, Maria King, Stedmen Scholl and Nicole Weiss were all villagers. Nina Gabianelli was Yente, the Matchmaker. Lane McDiffett was Perchik, the Student. Aaron Poh was the Fiddler. Heather Boronski, Kerry Braisted, Keaton Doyle, Hilary Fitzpatrick, Paul Jung, and Charles Sailor were part of the Running Crew and Fly Rail. Lucy Shore was a Student Assistant. Wendy Larson, my 6th grade teacher was the Conductor. It was wierd reading the program and seeing so many names and faces I knew. I loved the first number "Tradition", but the play quickly lost my interest, I was bored by intermission. Then, i was caught up in the play again before I knew it. At the end as happens with most plays I decided I liked it. (The only play that didn't happen with was last year's high school production of Beauty and the Beast.) The weirdest thing was just recently we had been talking about "If I Was A Rich Man", because I made my mom listen to the remake by Gwen Stefani. It was odd to hear the original version and feel like it was the remake, but then again that happens to me alot seeing as the current music industry has more of a nack for redoing 80's songs than coming up wiht their own songs. I swear the other day when i almost bought a collection of 80's music I recognized about 60% of the music and 75% of the music i recognized I atributed to the wrong artist. Anyway the point is I had a ton of fun watching the play, but I would have rather been in it.

1 Comments:

Blogger IamMBB said...

I'm glad you came back around to liking it. I thought it was very well done and I agree with your assessment of Pat Halloran's performance. I won't tell you again that I think you should try out because you already know what I think.

Sun Nov 05, 01:35:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home