Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Superman




I am officially a Superman fanatic. The new movie Superman Returns clinched it. The pictures you see here are the three top Supermen of all time: Christopher Reevee (sp?), Tom Welling, and Brandon Routh. I am in love with Superman because....He is so perfect, only Superman only the alien savior could be so perfect because he's not from Earth. Nothing, no animal, plant, machine, idea, being that came from the third rock from the Sun could be that perfect. I expect only perfection out of Superman and these three provided. In my opinion, Christopher Reevee was the first Superman, to me he is Superman. If you were to say "Superman" to me the first person, place, thing, or idea I would think of would be Christopher Reevee (Rest in Peace). I love Brandon Routh because he fits the suit. What I mean is, he stepped into Christopher Reevee's shoes and came so close to filling them he is Superman reborn. And I love Tom Welling because he is the Superman we all know and love with a twist.. He is younger and shoots from a different angle. They have changed the story a bit, but they are truthful to the most important part: the character and persona of Superman. Besides the fact that all these men are cute that is not the main part of why Superman is so loved and such a big part of our culture (although it does help), the reason is the idea of him, of a savior, who unlike Jesus we can identify with. He is not perfect, he is human, and venerable, which makes him all there more real and perfect in our eyes, because he could exist, he could be real........

2 Comments:

Blogger IamMBB said...

Wow!! I'd say you're ga-ga for Superman!! He is pretty cute. And with DVDs, you can totally get your fill of him. DVDs rock!

Tue Jul 11, 10:22:00 AM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took my summer school class to see Superman and we really enjoyed it. I had some doubts since some reviews were luke warm, but it was a fun movie. The asmatic boy was a great touch.

I also found an interesting article on why Superman is such a great American hero. For example, he's an immigrant and he has to find a new identity for his life on earth. He must always balance his previous life and his current one.

Sun Jul 16, 12:31:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home