Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Aspen High School


School is back in session. I can't believe it summer went by so fast. That to the left is a picture of my high school. It was the only one I could find. I am thinking about taking my camera to school on Monday so that I can take some pictures and post them. School started on Thursday and it was a perfect day. I barely talked at all and got to go to the library during lunch. It was really hard to find my classes, but are only four a day so that wasn't bad. Here are the classes I have in order, Health, Lit. And Comp. Math, World Geography, Writing Workshop, MS Office, Biology, French and Heroes. But the weirdest thing so far of the school year happened Thursday evening. My old friend, Karla Hernandez who moved away in 6th Grade, showed up at my door completely unannounced and then even had the nerve to call me chubby. Rude much. There is one funny thing however, Karla was the first of our group of friends to get a chest and she was always bragging about it. Now though all of our chests are bigger than hers. It's like she stopped growing as soon as she left, I mean I'm pretty sure she is the same height as she was then. It was so weird talking to her because she was talking to the weak person I was when she left, the person who never said no to anything and I was talking the the current me the one who had her own opinions and didn't let people push her around. I have to go finish my evil World Geography essay. TTFN

3 Comments:

Blogger IamMBB said...

I'm glad that high school so far hasn't been too evil. I'm sorry that Karla thought it was ok to call you chubby but like you pointed out to me, it probably is coming from her own insecurity. She once was and now isn't so to make herself look better, she's being negative about others. As far as all of your chests go, WHATEVER!!! I've been there but at this point in my life, it all seems so ridiculous. First of all, it's something you have no control over (unless you go for surgery) so to take pride in it or condemn others for it is rather ridiculous. Take pride in your actual accomplishments, the ones you've had something to do with! Second, you'll learn that more is not necessary better! Proportion is where it's at. I'm so glad I don't have to be an adolescent girl again . . .

Sat Aug 26, 01:38:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so insightful to see that your friend has frozen her image of you and probably all your old classmates. It is great to see how you've blossomed.

Seems that she needs time to discover who you've become and it takes maturity to figure that out and to see that that's a cool aspect of old friends.

As for chests: Whatever. (This goes for thighs, biceps -- which I once read were the "new thighs" -- we can obsess over this to our detriment. Best to choose not to, which is tough and not something I've a perfect record of, but I see it as a great goal.) I actually am glad I'm not a C or D cup, since that comes with a lot of unwanted attention in a lot of situations.

Thu Sep 28, 01:32:00 AM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you reading in Literature and Comp? What is French and Heroes?

Thu Sep 28, 01:34:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home