Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Camp, Conference, What's The Difference??!!?

I went to a LeadAmerica conference this summer. It started on the 28th of July and ended on the 6th of August. Now what is the difference between a camp and a conference? Well for starters this conference was way more expensive than any camp I've aver gone to. Second it had this ridiculous dress code, especially with the D.C. heat. Third, it had an actual subject and we were supposed to be learning very specific stuff. Fourth, we had lectures every day and were expected to stay awake. I know that's what college will be like, but I'm not even in high school yet so give me a break. Fifth, you had to be recommended or invited, this conference was only for the best and brightest students (I feel special). Sixth, we had a crime scene simulation and did labs in like fingerprinting and such. Seventh and final, we were staying, (all four hundred of us) at Georgetown U., in actual college dorms. I had fun I guess, but it was definitely less fun than I expected. I was not expectng the amount of lectures we had and I was not expecting the lectures to be that boring. I not advise people to do this program, insted I would recommend one of the student ambassador programs where you get to go to different countries and most importantly don't have to sit in half as many lectures!!! The fact that my experience was not as good as it could have been was also due to some pretty nasty people in my Leadership Team. We though get 3rd place in the crime scene simulation inquest. Yay us!! While there we also went to the National Institutes of Health, the Museum of Natural History, theFDR memorial, Jefferson memorial, and the Lincoln memorial. I will post pictures later!!

2 Comments:

Blogger IamMBB said...

Hmmmm. So, it was a waste of money? Or do you still stand by your comment that it was worth 75% of the tuition?

Mon Aug 14, 08:21:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Writer Girl said...

I think it was a good experience for me and that it was worht 75% of the tuition, but I wouldn't go again. So the answer is yes I stand by my statement because my bad time was only half the conference's fault.

Tue Aug 15, 02:31:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home