Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Good Day & Ex-Ed


I had a pretty good day today. My first class of the day was history, which is the class where my project was due. My partner and I presented and we got a 140 out of 145 the highest score in the class so far. So, that made the rest of my day, really good. I just realized that I hadn’t talked about Ex-Ed yet, so here goes:

I went to Ashland Oregon with 22 other kids and 2 teachers. The group met in Denver, but I drove down with my best friend Erin and another KayCee who was also on the trip. Because Erin’s mom is a real worry wart we had two extra hours at least when we got to Denver, so we just kinda hung out. The teachers Marybeth and Nancy got there right on time, which was very interesting because normally teachers get to the place they are supposed to be meeting the students early, but not these women.

Then, we went though security and it was very interesting traveling with all these people that didn’t normally travel. They were slightly clueless and KayCee left her purse on a bench, but luckily it was still there when she went back for it. Then Erin and I were able to switch with another girl so we could sit next to each other. We watched Sweeney Todd for the first time on the plane, it was intense. I am sure the other passengers on the plane though we were crazy.

Then we got off the plane at this really small airport that was basically a smaller version of the Aspen Airport and got on this rafting bus. It was really cold when we got there and by the time we got to Southern Oregon University, where we were staying it was snowing. We were so upset, because we were all sick of snow and we thought it was going to be warmer in Oregon.

When we got inside the dorm they gave us our room assignments and at first Erin and I thought we were together, but then we found out she was calling the other Rachel which was very annoying. I ended up rooming with Lyndsey and Heather, both of whom I am sort of friends with so that was fun. We got to our rooms and unpacked and got into bed around midnight.

I have decided I will tell about one day of my trip each day until I am done, so here is the first day. Expect the next installment tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home