Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Friday, May 09, 2008

Dress rehearsal & Ex Ed


Today I had dress rehearsal for my dance show tomorrow it was interesting, because the first time my group went on stage we forgot half the dance and finished way early. It was awful, because everyone else in the show was watching us. I was so mortified. Then we went and practiced in the elementary school lunchroom and when we got back on stage we were so much better. I was proud of our turnaround.

Also there is this guy who goes to our school and he is really hot, but I didn’t know he was a dancer. I saw him dance and he went way up the hotness scale. The only problem is he is a jerk and has a girlfriend. Oh well, you can’t win ‘em all.

Day Two in Ashland:

Heather and I got up really early to take showers. Then we met the rest of the group downstairs at 7:30 am to go have breakfast in the cafeteria.

After breakfast we got all our stuff together to go to a workshop and a play and prologue in town. We walked a mile into town and went to the Black Swan, where our workshop was. It was a culture workshop. We talked about what culture was and how each of the plays would have been different if they had been set in a different culture. It was fun , but really long. After that we were given an hour for lunch and then told to meet our group at a building across the street from all the theaters.

There we had a prologue were the woman talked about the Clay Cart, the play we were about to go see. The Clay Cart is a Sanskrit play written over a thousand years ago. It is about this courtesan (or prostitute) named Vasantesena , who falls in love with this guy and all this stuff happens. It was really good and there was a lot of humor. The set was also very cool and there were people who were doors it was a very cool concept. One part of the set was a giant blue foot so that was cool. We all enjoyed the play. After the play we had more free time and we did some more shopping.

Then Erin and I tried to head towards dinner, which was at 7, but we got lost and couldn’t find the Mexican restaurant we were supposed to be at. When we finally got there, we were 10 minutes late. I ordered a taco salad and it was very good, I loved it. Then after dinner we went to the grocery store with Heather and Lyndsey to try to buy food for our breakfast. We got muffins and orange juice and bread and apple pie. (It was my idea to get the pie.) Then we went back to the dorm and hung out for a little bit before it was time to go to bed.

I will post tomorrow!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home