Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Monday, March 19, 2007

Rory Gilmore wannabe

I am too easily distracted; I can't get anything done.

I often neglect my school work, so it wasn't any surprise that I had quite a few "missing" assignments this quarter.

I still don't like it. I don't like how easily distracted I am, how easily I can convince myself to do something other than work.

The problem is once I start I can't stop. So, say I just don't do my homework for a week. Then the next week when I decide to try and fix it, I can't get out of the rut. I just keep finding other things to do. Before I know it, I have neglected two weeks of homework.

And on in a cycle it goes.

Also, my grades tend to fluctuate. I get As in first quarter, bad grades in second quarter. Better grades in third quarter and then As again in fourth quarter.

I can't get away from the temptation to do other things instead of my homework. My room is filled with books and DVDs.

The only place I can get away from the temptation is in the shower. My showers have now become my favorite part of the day.

To get any work done, I either need to have someone checking on me constantly, an assignment that I want to do, something that I can't do unless I finish my homework, or a really bad grade that I need to get up. (And that last one doesn't always work.)

I want to write a book, but I fear that will never happen because I am not focused or determined enough. I have promised myself now that my grades will get better and be steadier. I just don't know how I'm gonna do it.

All I have to say is I wish I was Rory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home