Giggles and Musings

My life in well...... not a nutshell. I will be telling the world what is going on in mine (my world that is).

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Driving

On Sunday (a week ago), I went driving for the first time. My drivers' ed class was starting on Tuesday and I didn't want to be the only person who had never driven.

Steve took me to the Buttermilk parking lot and taught me how to drive. There were pylons in the parking lot and they made good obstacles because when I hit them, they didn't damage the car in any way. I only hit one the first night.

I basically drove in circles for an hour and a half. I also did some U-turns and some braking practice.

Steve said I was pretty good, but I think I scared him a couple of times because I kept getting progressively faster. Also, a couple of times when I was trying to stop, instead of hitting the brake, I would just press my foot down harder on the accelerator.

Mom said she wouldn't drive with me until the state said it was okay. And my response was, "I don't know, Mom. The state lets a lot of very incompetent people drive. Maybe you shouldn't trust them." And she responded, "Remember you said that."

We went driving again on Monday and I hit another pylon. But I didn't just hit this pylon, I killed it.

I drove around for a while and Steve took some pictures.

I really enjoy driving, but I wouldn't trust myself on the road yet.

I also wish my mom would drive with me. Well, maybe when I'm more experienced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home